In our last article, we reviewed IPS officers and now in this post, we are going to review IAS officers. It is also a post of All India Civil Service. IAS officer stands for Indian Administrative Service. IAS officer is one of the most powerful jobs in India. And it is also one of the highest-paid government jobs in India. Every year 10 to 15 lakhs of people apply for civil service examination. In that candidate, only 180 candidates get a chance to become IAS officer. So here is the full scrutiny of Indian administrative service officers by wejobstation.
Table Of Content
- What is an Indian Administrative Service Officer (IAS)?
- The requirement for these Officers
- Age Limit
- Physical Criteria
- Recruitment Process of Indian Administrative Service Officer (IAS)
- Syllabus of IAS Recruitment
- Syllabus of Prelims exam
- Syllabus of mains exam
- Duty of this civil service
- Perks of this civil service
- Skills Required for this civil service
- Salary Structure of this civil service
What is an Indian Administrative Service Officer (IAS)?
The Indian administrative service officer in short known as IAS officers. Candidates can join the IAS officer rank with the help of the Civil service examination. These exams are conducted by the Union Public service commission UPSC. IAS was later known as ICS Imperial Civil Service. So now in this article, we will discuss roles, responsibilities, and other information about Indian administrative service officers in a nice structure.
Requirements of IAS Officer
Before applying to IAS officer, you need to fulfill few requirements before applying for civil service examination. These are the following requirements for the Indian administrative service Officer post.
- The candidate should be an Indian
- Or he can be a citizen of Bhutan or Nepal
- Or you can be a Tibetan Refugee before 1962
- Or you can be a refugee
- Sri Lanka
Education And Attempts Requirements
- The Candidate should be a 10+2 pass from any recognized board
- With Graduation from any recognized university
- 6 attempts for the Unreserved category
- ∞ attempts for SC/ST category.
- 9 attempts for physically handicapped General and OBC candidates
- ∞ attempts for physcially handicapped SC and ST Candidates
- The required age is 21 years old
- At max, the age can be 32 years old
- For OBC at max-age can be 35 years old
- For SC/ST at max-age is 37 years old
- For Ex-Serviceman at max-age is 37 years old
- For Jammu & Kashmir candidates at max-age is 37 years
- For a Blind person, the max-age is 42 years
- For Defense Service personnel, the max-age is 37 years
Recruitment Process Of Indian Administrative Service Officer
Now, if you fulfill the basic Requirements and then you can move forward further. For getting IAS officer post you need to qualify civil service examination. Civil service examination for IAS takes place in Prelims, Mains, and Interview. So here is the full information. With the syllabus of exam. Candidate will be rejected if you fail in any of the requirements or exam. This is the reason why only 180 candidates get selected in lakhs of student.
Syllabus Of IAS Exam
The civil service examination for Indian administrative service officers is divided into 3 different categories.
- Prelim exam
- Mains exam
Syllabus of Prelim Exam
Prelim happens in 2 different exams exactly similar to Indian Administrative Service & IPS officer. These exams are given below for civil examination.
- General Science
- Current Affairs National and International
- History of India
- Political System
- Panchayati raj
- Public policy
- Social Development
- Climate Change
- Environmental ecology
- Interpersonal Skills
- Mental Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Basic numeracy
Syllabus of Mains exam
Mains exam happen in 9 different papers for Indian Administrative Service & IPS officer which are given below.
- Paper A Indian language [300 marks]
- Comprehension of Passages
- Article Writing
- Short essay
- There are many languages to choose from
- Paper B English [300 marks]
- Article writing
- Paper 1 – Essay Writing [250 marks]
- Paper 2 – General Studies Paper I [250 marks]
- Indian Heritage
- Social Issue
- Paper 3 – General Studies Paper-II [250 marks]
- Social Justice
- Internation Issues
- Paper 4 – General Studies Paper III [250 marks]
- Paper 5 – General Studies Paper IV [250 marks]
- Paper 6 – Optional Subject I [250 marks]
- Paper 7 – Optional Subject II [250 marks]
- Subjects for Optional Subject I & II
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- And many more languages
The interview is a and very crucial step. This step will judge you from the inside out. These questions will not come from any book or any specific subject they can be from anywhere or any topic. You need a lot of self-belief as well as patience for applying to these jobs. And when I am talking about things that are beyond the books then you need to think out of the box. So here is a Sample Interview of the Indian Administrative Service exam by Drihti Coaching.
- House Facility
- Car facility with Driver
- Other Staff for miscellaneous work
- 24X7 protection.
- Frequent Transfers
- Unimportant Postings
- Political Problems
- Very stressful work
- Very hard Preparation before joining
- Low social environment
Salary Structure Of IAS Officer
- Assistant Secretary: ₹56,100/-
- Undersecretary: ₹67,700/-
- Deputy Secretary: ₹78,800/-
- Director: ₹1,18,500/-
- Joint Secretary: ₹1,44,200/-
- Additional Secretary: ₹1,82,200/-
- No Equivalent Rank: ₹2,08,400/-
- Secretary: ₹2,25,000/-
- Cabinet Secretary of India: ₹2,50,100/-
This is the basic salary structure of Indian Administrative Service Officers according to ranks.
- Communication skill
- Management skill
- Clarity of thoughts
- Work Ethics
In the end, I want to say all the best to you whether you are preparing for an exam or thinking to prepare. This exam is difficult everyone knows it but you can defiantly crack this with a good strategy and preparation. There are many different courses and books by which you can get a strategy and prepare. But if you are struggling between courses and books then you can contact our mentor whose link is given down below. Or if you want to contact us through Whatsapp then you can download our App.
Check latest Govt jobs in Story Format
Click on the logo to read full information about the Job.
Is calculator allowed in Indian administrative service mains?
No it is not allowed
How long is these officers training?
The training takes place for 26 Weeks
Did Srishti Deshmukh take coaching?
She joined an unknown online course.
Can I speak Hindi in these officers interview?
yes you can select between English, Hindi or regional language
Do these officers get holidays?
yes he gets many jobs.
What is these officers salary?
The salary structure of IAS officer is described in detail in this article only.
Who is the youngest IAS officer in India?
Ansar Shaikh is the youngest IAS officer
What happens if I fail UPSC interview?
If you failed in first step then you cannot, do anything but prepare. If you failed in Interview then you will be provided a lower rank.
Is there any physical test for IAS?
No, there is not such requirement like height, weight and many more. But in IPS there is requirement .
At what age Tina Dabi become IAS?
She became these officers at the age of 22 years.
Who got first rank in these officers?
Pradeep Singh (2019 batch)
Is Beard allowed in IAS interview?
yes it is allowed but not preferred to keep.
Can I clear UPSC without coaching?
Yes, many candidates have.
How many attempts are there for UPSC general?
6 attempts for general category.
Do IAS officers get guns?
No, they do not acquire a gun.